When I had the opportunity to get one of TOMY's Aquadoodles, I knew immediately that I had to choose a Paw Patrol one; as my daughter loves everything about the programme! What I hadn't expected, was how amazing this product is - especially from the point of view of a slightly OCD parent.
What do you get with an Aquadoodle?
Inside the box, TOMY include a 68 x 55cm Aquadoodle mat, an Aquadoodle pen, and a paw print roller in the form of Chase's police cruiser.
Why is the Aquadoodle so great?
1. The best thing about having an Aquadoodle, is the lack of mess. The entire concept of the product, is that it uses water. This means three things:
i) There is no mess when creating pictures, any spillages will simply dry naturally and don't require cleaning up.
ii) If my daughter was to try and use her Aquadoodle pen to draw on walls or furniture, it will not stain, as it is only water.
iii) Once the mat has dried, it can be used again.
2. Another reason I think the Aquadoodle is awesome is the different ways in which you can use the mat.
The roller - which you wet before use - prints the shape of paws by pushing it across the mat. The pen which uses a simple screw together attachment is easily filled with water to enable you to draw with it.
2. Next, I love the fact that some of them - like the Paw Patrol one we have - come with a little extra item in the theme of the product. In our case, we have Chase sitting in his police cruiser, which creates paw prints when you push it across the mat.
3. Another fabulous feature of the Aquadoodle is the size. At 68 x 55cm, it is a great size. My two year old hasn't quite grasped the concept of drawing yet; however she loves to get her scribbles all over the full extent of the mat from one side to the other of the mat.
She is so proud of all her drawing - even if it is only circles and lines; and makes sure to show me everything that she has drawn before it dries.
4. Discovering there is a hidden surprise on the mat was a pretty fantastic - and certainly unexpected - joy while my daughter was using the Aquadoodle. She squealed in excitement, "Look mummy, it's Zoomer!" As all I could see were her scribbles; I simply replied, "Wow, you've drawn Zoomer have you?"
Obviously I was wrong, she had actually found Zoomer - and other characters - when she had 'coloured in' part of the mat. She stood, her hands on her hips, telling me off for being silly; and then showed me that she really had found him.
It's a pretty nice surprise to find these characters - something only discovered when the mat is wet.
All in all, this product is a fantastic buy - and with so many options to choose from, there is no chance of you not being able to find one that suits your child!
For your chance to win one of these awesome Aquadoodle mats from TOMY, click the Rafflecopter link below and follow the instructions.
This giveaway is your chance to win one TOMY Aquadoodle; and is run by Me Becoming Mum in conjunction with TOMY. The giveaway closes at 12.00am (GMT) on Wednesday 7th December 2016 and is open to UK entrants only.
Please note that your comments on my blog may not appear immediately as they require moderation prior to publication.
Check out my Terms and Conditions page for full details.
Disclaimer: The team at TOMY sent me one of their Paw Patrol Aquadoodles in return for an honest review. The review words and opinions are my own.