We're a few days into the year now, and I'm only just getting around to posting my tag - but I have an excuse, I'm trying to get into a routine with a toddler and newborn now daddy has gone back to work!
What was your highlight of 2016?
I think anyone who has been following my story will know what my highlight was! Of course there was some fabulous moments throughout the year (which you can read about in the 'My 2016' post on my blog) butt number one highlight has to be welcoming Little L into the world!
Name one thing you are likely to remember about 2016 if asked in five years time?
Of course giving birth to our second daughter will be up there but I think the memory I hold dear and will never forget is finding out we were expecting her. After losing a baby in December 2015 - and then being told I was unable to conceive - it was such an amazing miracle to have Little L growing inside me.
Sum up 2016 in one word.
Name one pearl of wisdom from 2016 that you will carry through 2017.
Never give up, and never stop believing - miracles really can (and do!) happen.
Do you have any new year resolutions?
To be honest with everything that has been going on, I haven't had hardly enough time to think about basic things in life - let alone set New Years resolutions.
Off the cuff, I'd like to make an effort to continue eating well (and healthily!) and lose the baby belly I've been left with after my pregnancy.
How did you see in the new year?
I had a rotten cold, which my newborn baby caught from me! Between the two of us we have had a rough few days.
I ended up heading to bed early, but unfortunately that didn't meant I had an early night! We were awake until after 1am with Little L being completely inconsolable.
Happy New Year!
What would you most like to do in 2017?
I'm not sure there is anything more that I can wish to do other than what we already have planned. There is so much that I have to look forward to in 2017!
One thing that is not set in stone - but I am trying to organise - is to take a holiday to the Lake District to my Grandparent's lodge for our first family holiday as a family of four.
We spent a week there for our third anniversary and R's first holiday, so it would be amazing to do the same again this year!
What are your main goals for 2017?
- Be a parent #winner! This will include anything from simply keeping my children fed and alive to having a shower without interruption!
- Be a spouse #winner! This will include anything from organising alone time, to making him a packed lunch to take to work.
- Be healthy, and get back into a size 12/14 instead of 14/16! I know I'll never be back to a 6/8 so I'll set a realistic goal!
- Attend a blogging conference and/or get together and meet some of the amazing blogger friends I have made since starting Me Becoming Mum.
- Take part in more blogger tags, guest post for more amazing blogs and join in more blogging linkys!
The bloggers I am tagging to take part are:
Hollie from Thrifty Mum
Claire from Dear, Mummy Bear
The eight questions for my nominees to answer:
- What was your highlight of 2016?
- Name one thing you are likely to remember about 2016 if asked in five years time?
- Sum up 2016 in one word.
- Name one pearl of wisdom from 2016 that you will carry through 2017.
- Do you have any new year resolutions?
- How did you see in the new year?
- What would you most like to do in 2017?
- What are your main goals for 2017?
Here's to a fabulous 2017!