I was nominated by the lovely Jo over at Miracle Max to write 20 facts about me... So here goes with a few things that you may not know about me already!
- I met my husband working for Primark, and as of May 2016 we have been together 7 1/2 years and married for 5 years.
- My husband is 10 years (and 18 days) older than me.
- I have had two miscarriages, one in 2009 and another in 2015. We now have a beautiful daughter who turned two in February and I am due with our second rainbow baby in December 2016. I have written about my losses in a post called, 'Miscarriage - The Great Taboo?'
- I collect Me to You Tatty Teddy items and have over 100 items from teddy bears to photo frames, and ornaments to clothing.
- My favourite holiday destination is Tenerife, it was where my husband proposed to me, and where we spent our second wedding anniversary (we revisited the same restaurant & he surprised me with flowers!)
- I have ten piercings (four on each ear lobe and 2 in my right upper ear cartilage) and six tattoos (two on my left forearm, one on my right forearm, one on each upper arm and one on my left shoulder blade).
- The first time I ever travelled on a plane my destination was Uganda.
- I absolutely love to bake. I am notorious for my awesome (if I do say so myself) lemon drizzle cake and chocolate brownies. My favourite bakes to date though are a farmyard I made for my husband's work Macmillan coffee morning, and of course my daughter's birthday cakes.
- I'm allergic to Elastoplast.
- I have two cats. We got our kitten first, and our daughter named her, 'Jess', as the week we named her she had just discovered postman pat and every cat had to be called Jess. Later on we adopted Jess' mum as she needed a home.
- I've had four cars in four years... the first was a Corsa (written off by some idiot joining by turning right onto the dual carriageway I was driving on). Then I had a beautiful red Fiat 500, which I loved, but was totally unpractical when we had our daughter. So we bought a Nissan Qashqai, in orange, which then needed loads of work, the expense of which was not worth keeping the car, so we traded it in towards another Nissan Qashqai, this time in black.
- My favourite time of year is Christmas. We've always gone all-out, but these days we always do a little extra for our wee girl.
- When I was a child I wanted to be a vet.
- I am absolutely in love with classic Disney movies... especially Cinderella and Alice in Wonderland.
- I am the eldest child in my family, both immediate (I have two younger brothers) and extended (I have seven younger cousins).
- I was the first in my family (those of my generation) to get married, and the first to have children. I am the first to have two girls (not including my mom & aunt who are twins).
- I used to bit my nails but I have been getting my nails done with acrylic (and more recently gel) extensions since I started earning money at 16 years old.
- My first job was as a Christmas temp at Primark when I was 16, by the time I was 17 I had my first manager's position. I worked my way up until I went on maternity leave and chose not to return to a management position in order to spend time at home with my daughter instead.
So there we go, that's me!
I now nominate the following lovelies to share 20 facts about them: